As Cooperative Captain you are responsible for the nautical aspect of the operation, especially the sailing of the working vessel. The berth of the working vessel is Rotterdam, but the work can take place in all major Dutch and Belgian seaports. You are responsible for the planning of sailing routes, bunkers, and you also support the operation. Because cleaning ships is 24/7 work, we work with a 1:1 schedule where you work one week on the ship and then you are one week at home. Finally, you are also responsible for the maintenance of the work vessel, ensuring that the vessel is in good condition.
The activities of the Cooperative Captain will include the following:
- Sailing of the vessel;
- Maintenance of the vessel;
- Keeping track of on board supplies (paint, groceries, bunkers, etc.);
- Supporting activities during the operation (for example taking care of food/eating, but also controlling and maintaining the cleaning installation);
- When necessary you help with the operation, during mooring and shifting the vessel, and during attachment of the robot to the vessel that is getting cleaned.
In order to properly perform the role of Cooperative Captain, we ask the following:
- Commercial vessels master’s certificate (Dutch: “Groot vaarbewijs A”), preferably including ADN certificate;
- Knowledge of the ports is an advantage;
- Capability to work independently, but also in a team;
- Practical technical knowledge and skills, and an eye for which maintenance is necessary;
- Good knowledge of the English language.
What do we offer you?
We would like to offer you the following terms of employment for the role of Cooperative Captain:
- Varied work on board the vessel;
- An ambitious and informal working atmosphere in a challenging environment;
- A high degree of responsibility;
- A competitive salary with benefits and a flexible working environment.
About Fleet Cleaner
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for the cleaning of ships, with the ambition to set up a worldwide network of cleaning installations. We are a young, growing team that is continuously working to improve and expand our innovations. There are two cleaning installations installed on workboats operating in Europe’s largest seaports and a third cleaning installation on the way.
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, please fill in the form below or contact our HR Advisor by emailing HR@fleetcleaner.com. If you have any questions, you can also mail to this mail address or call +31 6 24778397. We look forward to meeting you!