Do you have extensive experience working within Microsoft Azure as a cloud environment and performing data analytics? Do you have a graduate degree in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or similar? And would you like to work on online applications in which our international customers can monitor their fleet? Then read our vacancy for Data Engineer!
Our engineering division is divided into two departments: Electronics & Controls Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. The department of Electronics & Controls Engineering is responsible for the PLC control system and the electrical systems of our cleaning installations and inspection drones. Whereas the department of Mechanical Engineering is responsible for the Mechanical Design of the cleaning installations and inspection drones. Within the engineering division, innovative input is valued and there is the opportunity to work on many different types of technology.
Fleet Cleaner is a fast-growing innovative technical organization that has developed inspection and cleaning robots for all underwater sea vessel maintenance. In addition to inspection and cleaning services, Fleet Cleaner also offers online applications that allow customers to monitor their fleets. Also, within these online applications, sailing routes of vessels are analyzed and predictions of the status of sea vessels under water are made. Various streams of information are processed in these online applications, both from our own inspection and cleaning services as purchased data. Finally, you will also participate in the use of all data within Fleet Cleaner to develop internal tools to support other departments, such as for our international sales department.
Currently our software engineering department consists of five software engineers. To expand this department, we are looking for a Data Engineer who will work with this team to bring our online applications to a higher level.
In the role of Data Engineer you are responsible for the following tasks:
- Converting user requirements for operational, control and accountability information into technical requirements;
- Developing, coding, testing and troubleshooting the software used in our online applications, such as software for data analysis, linking the various databases and platforms etc.;
- Automating, getting and keeping running and continuing to develop data pipelines for data retrieval and integration;
- Analyzing the software within Fleet Cleaner and suggesting improvements and new features.
To be able to perform the position of Data Engineer, we ask the following:
- HBO education towards Artificial Intelligence, Data Science or similar;
- At least two years of work experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer or similar;
- Experience working within the cloud environment Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, in this specifically also experience with Power Apps in combination with Dataverse. Furthermore, you also have experience connecting other data sources such as Azure services and the SQL server to these platforms;
- You take initiative and can work in a structured way and keep an overview.
- It is an advantage if you also have experience with Snowflake.
What do we offer you?
For the position of Data Engineer we offer the following:
- A challenging position with a lot of freedom and responsibilities;
- An ambitious and informal working atmosphere in a growing and challenging environment;
- A competitive salary;
- 25 vacation days for full-time employment;
- Participation in the Fleet Cleaner pension plan;
- A pleasant Friday afternoon drink and a well catered lunch at the office.
Who are we?
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for ship cleaning, with the ambition to establish a global network of inspection stations and cleaning installations. We are a growing team that is continuously improving and expanding our innovations. In doing so, we are currently active with three cleaning installations in Europe’s largest seaports.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? And would you like to take on the challenge of contributing to Fleet Cleaner’s growing operation? Then apply immediately by sending your CV and motivation letter to HR@fleetcleaner.com. If you have any questions, you can also mail to this mail address or call 0624778397. We look forward to meeting you!
Contact our HR Advisor
John van Etten
tel: +31 6 24778397
If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and cover letter using the application form on the right or by emailing HR@fleetcleaner.com.