In the role of Financial Controller, you are responsible for the planning and control cycle within Fleet Cleaner and you will be dealing with various financial reports and analyses, such as the year-end closing and profit and loss accounts. As Financial Controller you will, among other things, ensure that the correct steering and management reports are prepared within the organization. In this role you are a sparring partner for the management in the area of finance and you give them solicited and unsolicited advice on various financial risks and opportunities. You ensure that Fleet Cleaner complies with all legislation in the field of reporting and finance. Finally, you will be closely involved in the operational financial work and manage the finance department.
The activities in the role of Financial Controller will include the following:
- Managing the finance department, consisting of one Financial Administrative Assistant, and ensuring that the goals of this department are achieved;
- Taking care of the planning and control cycle (reporting, budgeting, and forecasting);
- Setting up, maintaining, and continuously improving steering and management reports that make it possible to steer the company towards sustainable growth;
- Acting as a sparring partner for the management in the field of finance and providing financial advice on various topics;
- Initiating and taking up projects to improve the financial processes and policies within Fleet Cleaner;
- Preparing the annual report, including contact with relevant parties.
To be able to properly perform the role of Financial Controller, we require the following:
- An HBO or WO education towards business economics, controlling, accountancy, or similar;
- At least one year of experience in a similar role (preferably in an international environment);
- An analytical, accurate, and honest personality;
- Knowledge of tax aspects, financial business law, and risk management;
- Good written and oral communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Advanced skills with Excel;
- Experience with BI (such as PowerBI) is an advantage.
What do we offer you?
We are pleased to offer you the following terms of employment for the role of Financial Controller:
- Market conform salary and good fringe benefits;
- 25 vacation days for full-time employment;
- Participation in the Fleet Cleaner pension scheme;
- High level of responsibility within a short time and room to make a big impact within the company;
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company;
- A well-prepared lunch and a pleasant Friday afternoon drink at the office.
About Fleet Cleaner
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for the cleaning of ships, with the ambition to set up a worldwide network of cleaning installations. We are a young, growing team that is continuously working to improve and expand our innovations. There are two cleaning installations installed on workboats operating in Europe’s largest seaports and a third cleaning installation on the way.
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, please fill in the form below or contact our HR Advisor by emailing HR@fleetcleaner.com. If you have any questions, you can also mail to this mail address or call +31 6 24778397. We look forward to meeting you!