Fleet Cleaner’s goal is to clean ships fully autonomously in the world’s largest seaports and we could really use your help with this. In the role of PLC & Electrical Engineer, you will be part of the Electronics and Control Engineering team and you will be responsible for the PLC control system and the electrical systems of our cleaning installations. Our innovative cleaning plant runs 24/7 and consists of a combination of very diverse technologies (hydraulics, sensors, filter systems, marine systems, generators, etc.) that are all connected through your system. You also contribute to supporting the Operators onboard our three working vessels in the use of these control systems and PLCs. You do this by identifying potential risks of your systems, mitigating these risks, and ensuring that the operation has the right knowledge.
The activities of a PLC & Electrical Engineer will include the following:
- Designing, configuring, programming, testing, implementing, and managing Beckhoff PLC control systems and applications for the control systems of our cleaning plants;
- Designing, installing, managing, and upgrading the electrical systems of our cleaning plants;
- Drafting, checking, and revising technical and functional documentation so that the operators can work with the control systems and applications;
- Providing support for complex malfunctions. This is done both by telephone and physical support at the cleaning installations on our ships.
What do we offer you?
We are pleased to offer you the following terms of employment for the role of PLC & Electrical Engineer:
- Market conform salary and good fringe benefits;
- 25 vacation days for full-time employment;
- Participation in the Fleet Cleaner pension scheme;
- High level of responsibility within a short time and room to make a big impact within the company;
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company;
- A well-prepared lunch and a pleasant Friday afternoon drink at the office.
To be able to perform the role of PLC & Electrical Engineer well, we ask the following:
- HBO education in the field of Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar;
- Interest in electrical installations and control systems;
- Good command of both the Dutch and English languages;
- Furthermore, you are organized, collaborative, and analytical.
About Fleet Cleaner
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for the cleaning of ships, with the ambition to set up a worldwide network of cleaning installations. We are a young, growing team that is continuously working to improve and expand our innovations. There are two cleaning installations installed on workboats operating in Europe’s largest seaports and a third cleaning installation on the way.
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, please fill in the form below or contact our HR Advisor by emailing HR@fleetcleaner.com. If you have any questions, you can also mail to this mail address or call +31 6 24778397. We look forward to meeting you!