Fleet Cleaner’s goal is to fully autonomously clean ships in the world’s largest seaports and we could really use your help. As PLC Engineer you contribute to the software used in our remotely operated vehicles (ROV) and within our control room from where our ROVs are controlled. The software is developed in TwinCAT (Beckhoff).
Our innovative cleaning plant runs 24/7 and consists of a combination of very different technologies (hydraulics, sensors, filtration systems, marine systems, generators, etc.) all connected through the above software.
You will also contribute to maintaining network devices, providing software support for system failures and commissioning upgrades to our systems.
The duties of a PLC Engineer will include the following:
- Designing, configuring, programming, testing, implementing and managing TwinCAT software for the control systems and automation of our cleaning plants;
- Designing, configuring, programming, testing, implementing and managing TwinCAT software for the control room from which our cleaning installations are controlled;
- Maintain network devices (think of setting IP addresses, maintaining documentation software etc.);
- Provide software support for system failures;
- Commissioning upgrades to our systems.
What do we offer you?
We are pleased to offer you the following terms of employment for the role of PLC Engineer:
- Market conform salary and good fringe benefits;
- 25 vacation days for full-time employment;
- Participation in the Fleet Cleaner pension scheme;
- High level of responsibility within a short time and room to make a big impact within the company;
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company;
- A well-prepared lunch and a pleasant Friday afternoon drink at the office.
To perform the role of PLC Engineer well, we ask the following:
- HBO education in the direction of Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Software Engineering or similar;
- Three years of experience as a PLC Engineer or similar position;
- It is an advantage if you have knowledge of Python;
- It is an advantage if you are skilled with electronics (reading drawings, connecting etc.).
About Fleet Cleaner
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for ship cleaning, with an ambition to establish a global network of inspection stations and cleaning facilities. We are a growing team that is continuously improving and expanding our innovations. In doing so, we are currently operating three cleaning installations in Europe’s largest seaports and a fourth is on the way.
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, please fill in the form below or contact our HR Advisor by emailing HR@fleetcleaner.com. If you have any questions, you can also mail to this mail address or call +31 6 24778397. We look forward to meeting you!