For our operations department we are looking for a ROV Operator to operate our cleaning installation and robot on our working vessel and to keep it in top condition through maintenance. The team within the operations department is a young and energetic team consisting of technically trained people. Together we ensure that the cleaning installation is ready for use 24/7 and we carry out updates to bring the installation to an even higher level. In addition, you are closely involved in the implementation of all technical updates. You are therefore involved with technology on a daily basis and your input is also used to improve both the cleaning installation and the cleaning process. In this position you fulfill a crucial role within the operation. Because cleaning ships is 24/7 work, we work with a week on / week off schedule where you work one week on the ship and then you are one week free at home.
Within the operation you can grow to Senior ROV Operator or ROV Supervisor, where you will be responsible for a cleaning installation. Or if this is your preference, you can also grow further into an expert in the field of maintenance or more towards the nautical side (Sailor and then Captain).
The activities of the ROV Operator will include the following:
- Preparing and executing maintenance on the installation and the cleaning ROV, both planned maintenance as incidental;
- Helping in setting up maintenance plans and manuals;
- Helping with the cleaning operation, where you will operate the cleaning ROV and installation in order to clean ships in various ports.
In order to properly perform the role of ROV Operator, we ask the following:
- A completed vocational education (MBO in Dutch) level 4 in Mechanical engineering or similar. Or this level obtained through work experience;
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering, hydraulics and pneumatic systems;
- Working experience or internships (0-2 years) in a relevant discipline is an advantage;
- Capability to work independently, but also in a team.
What do we offer you?
We would like to offer you the following terms of employment for the role of ROV Operator:
- A nice job with plenty of opportunities to grow within the operations department;
- Ambitious and informal work culture in a growing and challenging environment;
- A high degree of responsibility within a short period of time;
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits and a flexible work environment;
- Tailor-made training: Internal operator training and associated courses.
About Fleet Cleaner
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for the cleaning of ships, with the ambition to set up a worldwide network of cleaning installations. We are a young, growing team that is continuously working to improve and expand our innovations. There are two cleaning installations installed on workboats operating in Europe’s largest seaports and a third cleaning installation on the way.
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, please fill in the form below or contact our HR Advisor by emailing HR@fleetcleaner.com. If you have any questions, you can also mail to this mail address or call +31 6 24778397. We look forward to meeting you!