Fleet Cleaner is a fast growing innovative technical organization that has developed an inspection and cleaning robot for all underwater maintenance of ships. For our cleaning division, we are looking for a Vessel Manager to lead our cleaning vessels. As Vessel Manager you are the contact person for our employees on board of the vessels, you initiate and assist in improvements in the operations department and you support the vessels in various ways. In addition, you are the link between the ships and the office (Engineering, Planning, HR etc.) and you ensure that this cooperation runs smoothly.
In the role of Vessel Manager you are responsible for the following activities:
- Managing and motivating the employees on board our cleaning vessels (approximately 25 employees, including Skippers, sailors and technical staff);
- Initiating and supervising projects to improve the operations department;
- Supporting the ships in various ways;
- Ensuring good cooperation between the office departments (planning, engineering, HR etc.) and the cleaning ships.
What do we ask?
To be able to properly perform the job of Vessel Manager, we ask the following:
- MBO/HBO work and thinking level (in a technical direction) through education or work experience;
- Minimum of two years’ experience with operational management in a technical environment;
- Preferably experience with inland shipping. It is an advantage if you also have your license to sail (‘Groot Vaarbewijs’);
- You can work in a structured way, have a flexible attitude and keep an overview;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English.
What do we offer?
For the position of Vessel Manager we offer the following:
- A challenging position with a lot of freedom and responsibilities;
- An ambitious and informal working atmosphere in an internationally growing and challenging environment;
- Good salary and a flexible work environment;
- 25 vacation days with full time employment;
- Participation in the Fleet Cleaner pension scheme;
- An enjoyable Friday afternoon drink and a well served lunch at the office.
Who are we?
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for ship cleaning, with the ambition to establish a global network of cleaning facilities. We are a young, growing team that is continuously improving and expanding our innovations. There are three cleaning installations currently active in the largest seaports in Europe.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile? And would you like to take on the challenge of contributing to Fleet Cleaner’s growing operation? Then apply immediately by sending your CV and cover letter to HR@fleetcleaner.com for the attention of John van Etten. If you have any questions, you can also send an e-mail to this address or call 0624778397. We look forward to meeting you!