Would you enjoy standing at the helm of our new work vessel, and do you like to roll up your sleeves? Fleet Cleaner is looking for an enthusiastic captain who is willing to help with other activities while the vessel is not sailing. By doing so, you will be representing the nautical aspect of Fleet Cleaners operational team.
The operations department
With one fully functioning cleaning installation already active in all the Dutch sea ports, Fleet Cleaner operates in a challenging industrial environment within the maritime sector. Currently a second and a third cleaning installation is on it’s way. The operations team is young and energetic, consisting of people with a technical background. Together we carry out the cleaning operations, maintain a 24/7 up-time for our installation, and perform updates to take our installation to the next level.
As a cooperative captain you are responsible for the nautical aspect of the operations, in particular the sailing and maintenance of the work vessel. The usual berth of the vessel is the Port of Rotterdam, but work can be carried out in all the large Dutch and Belgian sea ports. You are responsible for planning the sailing times and routes, bunkering activities, but also have a supportive role on board, for example by taking care of food for the operational crew. As the cleaning of ship’s hull is a 24/7 work effort, we operate on a 1:1 schedule, where you will be aboard for a few weeks, and home for a few weeks. Finally, you are also responsible for the maintenance of the work vessel, ensuring the vessel is in good condition.
– Sailing of the vessel;
– Maintenance of the vessel;
– Keeping track of on board supplies (paint, groceries, bunkers, etc.);
– Supporting activities during cleanings (for example taking care of food/eating, but also controlling and maintaining of the cleaning installation);
– When necessary you help with the operation, during mooring and shifting the vessel, and during attachment of the robot to the target vessel.
What we offer
– Varied work on board the vessel;
– An ambitious and informal working atmosphere in a challenging environment;
– A high degree of responsibility;
– A competitive salary with secondary employment conditions and a flexible working environment.
What we ask
– Commercial vessels master’s certificate (Dutch: “Groot vaarbewijs A”), preferably including ADN certificate;
– Knowledge of the ports is an advantage;
– Capability to work independently, but also in a team;
– Practical technical knowledge and skills, and an eye for which maintenance is necessary;
– Good knowledge of English language.
If you are interested in this position, please sent us your application using the link below.