Fleet Cleaner is a fast growing innovative organization. To expand our engineering department, we are looking for a Software Engineer. You will work closely together with colleagues to achieve Fleet Cleaner’s ambition: to set a new standard in the field of inspecting and cleaning ships and to establish a worldwide network of cleaning installations.
In the position of Software Engineer you are responsible for the software of, among others, our hull cleaning and inspection ROVs. You will contribute to the software used to improve our operation, for our various web applications and software to analyze data. An example of a web application our Software Engineering department has been working on recently is Fleet Watch: a web application that can make a prediction of how dirty a ship’s hull is based on data analysis. There is a lot of room for personal input and together with your colleagues you will improve the existing technology and work on new innovations on a daily basis.
In the role of Software Engineer you are responsible for the following activities:
- Developing, coding, testing and troubleshooting the software used in the operation, think of software for the automatic generation of reports, the automation of our robot etc.;
- Developing, coding, testing and troubleshooting the software used in our various web applications, think of software for data analysis, the layout of the web application etc.;
- Providing support to the operation of our vessels for software malfunctions and questions about the software;
- Analyzing the software within Fleet Cleaner and suggesting improvements and new features.
To be able to perform the function of Software Engineer well, we ask the following:
- An HBO or WO degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar;
- At least three years of work experience in a similar position;
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, React and .net;
- You are good at working independently as well as working together in a team;
- You can work in a structured way and keep an overview.
What do we offer you?
We are pleased to offer you the following terms of employment for the role of Software Engineer:
- Market conform salary and good fringe benefits;
- 25 vacation days for full-time employment;
- Participation in the Fleet Cleaner pension scheme;
- High level of responsibility within a short time and room to make a big impact within the company;
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company;
- A well-prepared lunch and a pleasant Friday afternoon drink at the office.
About Fleet Cleaner
Fleet Cleaner has set a new standard for the cleaning of ships, with the ambition to set up a worldwide network of cleaning installations. We are a young, growing team that is continuously working to improve and expand our innovations. There are two cleaning installations installed on workboats operating in Europe’s largest seaports and a third cleaning installation on the way.
If you are interested or have any questions about this position, please fill in the form below or contact our HR Advisor by emailing HR@fleetcleaner.com. If you have any questions, you can also mail to this mail address or call +31 6 24778397. We look forward to meeting you!